Hello! It’s been a little while between posts here (so sorry!). Lots has been happening in the background and lots of fun stuff is in the works, so I thought I’d pop in with a bit of an update…
1. I am working with 10 small businesses doing 1:1 coaching on developing and implementing their content marketing plans and LOVING it. These spots are currently full but please send me an email if you’d like to nab a spot in the next intake (April).
2. One of the things I always advise these lovely people is to treat their content plans like a lifestyle publication and incorporate some regular features that pop up every week, fortnight or month. This is a good thing to do for two reasons; 1. It keeps your feeds/posts consistent and as we know, consistency breeds trust… and people do business with people they know, like and trust. And 2. It is just so much easier to stay on track when you have a plan to stick to. So, I’m taking my own advice and as of next week will be introducing three, hopefully helpful/fun regular features over on the My Open Kitchen Instagram page. They’ll include a weekly hashtag tip, a piece of social media advice (resource, tactic, app, anything) that has helped me and people I work with and a Friday follow; a weekly shoutout to people who are inspiring and always bringing the value (and by value I mean – content that makes us either happier or smarter)
3. The My Open Kitchen e-course is undergoing a bit of work (updating and improving!) and I’m also working on a hard copy workbook that will go out to every student on enrolling. All will be ready for re-launch in June.
4. The My Open Kitchen Podcast is still in hiatus mode but we hope to bring it back, probably not till June too. Sorry! And in the meantime, if you’ve not Ye t caught up on all three series of the poddy, they are waiting for you over in i-tunes!
5. My new book, A Basket by the Door hits the shops on April 4! This pic above is an out take by Clancy Job from our cover shoot, and the cover is below. To celebrate the launch, there are loads of events in the works for all over regional NSW and some in VIC as well, some are very casual, some are a bit of a party, some are a bit more formal, author-y question and answer evenings and there are also long lunches in paddocks, woolsheds, and orchards. But for you guys, you might be especially interested in the ‘shoot and share’ workshop I’ve organised with Asia Upward of @loganbrae orchard on April 27, a half-day workshop on how to style, shoot and share great pics for your feeds, from your phone. All the details via my events page.
That’s it for now! See you next Monday. Sophie x