Hello hello! This episode we are chatting to none other than Sara Tasker of Me and Orla. No biggie. Correction. Big biggie. Sara is a huge inspiration to both Skye and I and for those who follow along with us on Instagram etc, will have heard that she’s also coming out to speak at our My Open Kitchen Gathering next May.
Skye spoke with Sara about all things social media, working from home and ‘that window’ of hers. We also catch up with Tamsin Carvan who talks to us of her love of simple cakes and share our top 5 things we’re loving right now.
Sophie’s top 5
- Jenna Kutcher’s Goal Digger podcast, especially this episode with Amy Porterfield http://www.amyporterfield.com
- IG and FB live – a new thing for me but I’m just loving how some of my favourites are using live video these days. If you want to learn the basics, really recommend spending $29 on the perfect live video checklist from @livestreamkatya who was interviewed recently on the Soulful PR podcast, another one of our favourites.
- The ABC’s kids podcast Short and Curly has, to the delight of our kids, just released a bunch of new episodes – so fabulous.
- Instagram account One Bouquet Per day by Juliane, Berliner living in Sweden. She posts a beautiful bouquet every day styled against vintage outfits and in that gorgeous Scandinavian light.
- Allison Saddler’s #freeupmyinsta hashtag has 22k pics and counting and is all about having fun with your social media and not overthinking it all too much. And here’s an apology from me – I incorrectly said that Allison had been interviewed by Sara Tasker for her podcast Hashtag Authentic about this hashtag. Actually she was interviewed by Kat Molesworth on the topic for this episode of the Blogtacular Podcast. Sorry!
Skye’s Top 5
- The Top 5 movement – a community built around a simple daily task created by Clare Desira. Taking time to make a habit of writing your Top 5 happiest moments of each day. She’s been doing this everyday since 2006, over 2,000 lists – and is on a misson to involve more people.
- I think I am a but late to the party on this one – but I really love following Melissa Penfold on Instagram. She is a former editor at Belle Magazine, she an author to 2 style guides AND she has a beautifully trellised Jasmin wall that I want!!! –But aside from that her tips on interior design, hosting dinner parties and catering are what keep me interested in her feed.
- A fun new app that I have just discovered – ShelfJoy – it’s like a social media feed based on bookshelves and people’s reading lists! They describe it as ‘bookish mixed tapes’ And the IG feed allows me to live vicariously through other peoples big beautiful, bookshelves.
- For all my fellow journalists or media types, the podcast You’ve Gotta Start Somewhere, interviews some of the biggest names in the Australian media and talks through how they got to where they are today. It resonates with me because a. I was a journalist for over a decade and b. these people that we see on the nightly news or hear on the radio are just normal people!
- This article; Beyond the Rhetoric; A vision for Australian Agriculture; created by Airlie Trescowthick who I have a girl crush on – a woman really working to hard to create something helpful for young farmers. Her platform The Farm Table is going to be the place to find any farming info or resources in the future and I love watching it grow!