It’s been a while between posts here I know but between th workshops and events been cancelled left right and centre, I thought we might take things online for the moment….
I really think that with things so weird and up in the air and hard for everyone under lockdown and affected by the lockdown – this really is THE time to be there for your people. To put your hand up, to SHOW UP and say hey guys I’m here and we’re in this together and here’s some good stuff you might like.
But if you’re feeling a bit bleurgh…a bit stuck on how to actually do this well and consistently or at all. Then lets figure it out together. In a regular weekly small group catch up to build confidence, skills and community. Boom.
I’m taking all the updated workshop content I’d been working on for the workshops I was supposed to be doing all over the countryside this month and putting it in small group ‘camp’s starting in just a couple of weeks.
Winter Instagram Camp
Join me and a small group of like-minded small business owners (food/lifestyle/hospitatlity) to meet up for three one-hour workshop sessions over a month – and lets get our Instagram accounts firing with regular, valuable content that your community will love and act upon.
We start out with a 1.5 hour Zoom ‘seminar’ to lay the groundwork; aka how to create and share good content (this will be recorded so you can watch/re-watch at your convenience).
Then we kick off our small group sessions; four weekly 45 minute workshops to work through our content plans, tidy up our IG feeds and bios, work through the right video options for you (reels/IGTV/Stories?) and share ideas and strategies for growing and engaging our communities.
What you get;
- Access to a 1.5hr recorded Zoom seminar where I go through the below. You can listen along/join in live with me on the day and/or watch the recorded replay at your convenience.
- Workbook to accompany this session, including ‘homework’ (optional of course but super helpful I think) to bring to our small group workshops.
- 4 x 45 minute ‘round table’ workshops with me and five other like-minded participants. This is where I think the really good stuff will happen. Plus it will keep us accountable and who knows who you’ll connect with and go on to collaborate with!
- Access to a Content Camp Facebook group to continue conversations, get feedback from each other and keep connecting.
STEP 1 – Wednesday July 28
1.5 hour Zoom seminar (plus 1 hour question time).
If you can’t join in live, access to the replay will be emailed out to watch or listen to at your convenience.
- Who are you/what are you here to say/who are you saying it to/what problems can you solve for them.
- How to grow your community through really good content.
- How to plan your content
- How to create the words and the pictures
- A series of Instagram prompts to help get us of and running (we will workshop these in the small group sessions).
STEP 2 – Small group sessions
Every Wednesday morning in August, beginning August 4 – you join one of four small groups (maximum six people including you) where we ‘do the work’ together.
To start things off, you’ll receive access to a 1 hour seminar from me sharing everything I’ve learnt about newsletters; how to set one up, how to figure out what your people want to read and how to grow your email list. Then we break into 4 x one hour small group sessions. Working in groups of 6 (max) each weekly session will be a workshop format (via zoom) supported by notes and resources emailed out on signing up. You will also have access to a closed FB group to keep sharing ideas, giving feedback and supporting each other.
The idea is to build not only your skills and confidence when it comes to creating a newsletter people will want to read and act on, but also connect with like minded people to bounce ideas off and be accountable to. Your very own supportive network to get you off and running!
Cost – $200
Every Tuesday morning in August, 10-11am
Week one – Getting started
- Choosing your platform
- Mapping out your newsletter format.
- What are you actually here to say and how can you best say it? Landing on a content plan for your newsletter.
Week two – Draft it up
- Homework between week one and two’s sessions will be to write your first newsletter and send it out in draft form to our little group of five (it’s a safe space you guys). So this week’s session will be all about going through our newsletter drafts, tweaking them, working out where we stumbled, what bits we found the hardest and why.
- Building our lists.
- Staying consistent.
- Landing pages, opt ins and other growth tactics.
- Reading the numbers; how to use those dreaded insights to figure out what to do more of.
- Wrap party!
- How our social media and newsletter work together.
- Collaborations and connections
- General Q&A